Friday 15 February 2008

Optician drug scandal

After my last jokey post about my foot things took a turn for the worse. By last Monday night I had visions of me being the subject of a modern-day remake of Reach for the Sky as my foot slowly succumbed to an infection.
Despite having a foot full of blisters ( mainly on the toes) the offending area was on the ball of my foot, but well and truly infected.

A trip to the doctor followed and a couple of days rest, well almost, working at home.

And the scandal?
Last year it was the Tour de France and we all know the problems Dwain Chambers has been having but £13.70 for a week's worth of penicillin ( Flucloxicillin and Phenoxymethylpenicillin, the doc wanted me to take both as he couldn't be sure what type of infection I had). What would Aneurin Bevan say!

I'm now counting down the days until I can get back out on the bike.

No comments: