Monday 11 February 2008

Footsore but smiling 1hr 56

Apologies to anyone surfing over the breakfast table but I had to share my pain. Blisters....argghhh.

Wokingham half marathon day turned out to be a glorious spring-like morning and, despite the crowds holding me up, I managed a time of just under two hours.
As ever it was my feet that limited my speed but to get a time under two hours for me was good. I finished the race happy if a little footsore.
Not that I get any sympathy around here. After breaking the news to my mum about the race she assumed I was 'at the back with the old people' while my production editor wanted to know while my time wasn't closer to one an a half hours.
One thing I do know now is don't put TCP on a broken blister.

Even better news. After starting the recruitment process for the optician Ironman team I have started to have . The call to action in the magazine has brought people forward so if you are thinking about giving it a go please let me know.

1 comment:

Lyndon Ferguson said...

Hi Chris,

I'm interested in joining your 'optical team' for the UK 70.3. Could you send me some details of your plans. I am an optometrist based in Surrey. My email address is lyndonferguson@yahoo.com

Cheers.

Lyndon Ferguson