Friday 6 July 2012

Out of the Box

I'm all set to ride around the Surrey Hills with a fellow SBR rider this weekend. He's not from these parts so was keen to get out onto Box Hill ahead of the Olympics. Sadly I read on the ride organiser's website that(not only is it going to be soaking wet but Box Hill will not be on the route as the National Trust is charging race orgnaisers £1,000 for the privilege of using their road.
That's funny I distictly remember it recently being resurfaced for the race by the council. I think I helped pay for that. Box Hill is one of my everyday rides, here's a pic of me at the top.
Other sad news is finding a replacement for the late departed Brooks saddle (see last post). After much deliberation I decided I would opt for a Swallow chrome and break it in ready for Le Mans, getting hold of one has been a bit more of an issue. let's just say an order has been placed.

No comments: