Tuesday 26 June 2012

How to murder a Brooks saddle

I've always loved my leather Brooks saddle. Until I got my latest carbon bike I always rode with it. It's done several Ironman triathlons long rides, commutes, trips to the coast, Alpe d'Huez, vatternrundan. More recently it has lain alone in the shed. The carbon has a nice white saddle that was Cyclefitted to me, the old blue Pearson is ridden by son No 2 who hates the Brooks and the fixed has a cheapo saddle as the Brooks is too bouncy. So ( see last post) when the fixed's cheapo sadddle broke its was time for a new lease of life for the Brooks. It looks great but straight away it was clear the leather was stretched and there was no space left on the end of the tension bold. So should I: A: retire it gently B: beat it with a bseball bat, run it over in the car and then set fire to it? In the event I did something much worse, I Googled what to do. Part II to follow.........

No comments: