Friday 1 June 2012

After last Sunday's King of the North Downs ( see previous post) I thought I would need a rest but this week has turned out to be anything but.
Workwise the four day Jubilee weekend has ment getting out an entire issue in three days. The rain has meant lots to do in on the allotment ( I strimmed for 2 hours on Monday evening) and on the house there is still more decorating to do........arrggghh. As far as the bike goes the KOTD was about 115 miles, though the hills made it seem a lot more. I left the bike at home on Monday but have ridden each day since. That's another 100 miles. I'm rather pleased ( OK smug) 220 miles, all hills in five days is not bad. The legs are tired and the undercarriage a bit sore but otherwise good conditioning. Possibly good enough for 24 hrs in the saddle???

No comments: