Wednesday 20 June 2012

I got those Father's Day, bicycle maintenance blues

With the return of the summer I have been back on the fixed wheel bike for the daily commute. This has been fortunate as I haven't really been out for longer rides at the weekend and commuting is a great way of clocking up those miles in readiness for the big event. Alongside all of the decorating, ferrying kids around and gardening I haven't really had much time for training rides but Father's Day opened up an oasis of me-time in this desert of chores. A little sad I know but I decided to tinker with my bike as a treat. Needless to say I wish I hadn't. I found out that the brake blocks were worn out, My saddle was split so I replaced it with my old Brooks which has reached to end of its life too. I also noticed that I can't see the wear line on the front wheel any more. I think I should have just held out for a new bike!

No comments: