Monday 16 July 2012

Looks familiar

The weather is playing havoc with my bike. After the soaking last Sunday getting wet on the daily commute didn't seem so bad. The biggest problem is the toll it takes on the bike. Luckily I have the 'old' Pearson to draft into service but my frequency of repair has shot up. Last Thursday I cycled home from work in an absolute deluge which left my bike plastered in road grime, the brakes sounding painfully metallic and the tyres full of flints.
The bike (at least I hope it is) has developed a range of creaks and squeaks despite glue-like, blue-coloured Wet Lube Luca supplied for last year's Vatternrundan. While I was out and about I ran into this young chap and asked him if he'd like to give my bike a clean. I also gave him a few tips on riding hills which he seemed grateful for but he's got a lot to learn about cleaning a bike properly.
I'm sure I've seen him somewhere before.

No comments: