Friday 27 May 2011

Damn you John Ketley

Having ignored the weathermen for so long (due to their inability to predict the weather) I made the decision to cycle to work yesterday. Coming in was great, the 'old' bike is now my Pearson Aluminium Audax which, until recently, had been my good bike, so I am flying.

The strong westerly helped but by yesterday afternoon it was like a monsoon and I got a right soaking. The funniest part was getting back into my home village where the road is being repaired. In preparation for the new surface the workmen had gaffer taped up all of the drains which had turned the road into a swimming pool. great fun, if a little wet
My shoes were still wet this morning so they are on the radiator drying.


I had a real shock this morning when I got the bike out of the shed and looked at the chain.
. It's a good reminder that not a lot of water can play havoc with your bike to get that machine oiled before Sweden.

No comments: