Monday 24 January 2011

Nice view from up here


Despite the cold and damp I was woken early on Saturday by son #2 to get up and out on the bike. The weather didn't look too clever but it wasn't actually raining so on went the porrige and out came the bikes. It's been a while since we've had a decent weekend morning ride so despite the rain ( yes it began raining just as we set off) so off we set hopes high and eyes peeled for potholes.
It was pretty cold but not bad and, as usual, we ended at the top of Box Hill. We made our way to the vantage point but it wasn't the best day for a view as you can see from the picture.
The roads were so badly pot-holed on the way back I decided on Saturday afternoon to take the Mavic Ksyrium elite race wheels off the good bike and put on some old ones. The tyre was sooooo tight on the wheel I didn't think it was going to go on but I huffed and puffed, knackered both thumbs and finally got it on. As soon as I Pumped it up and it went down. Now I'm a patient man so I changed it again.
I'm not too sure what was going on but I had to change the tyre and tube three times, each time I changed the tyre and innertube it was punctured. One was a dodgy valve and the next two had a hole??? I checked and checked but couldn't see anything in the tyre or wheel so if its punctured again tonight the tyre might end up in the bin. Life's too short, and I'm not as patient as I thought I was.

No comments: