Wednesday 19 January 2011

Gold!...always believing....


Tony Hadley ( lead singer Spandau ballet) worked for Reed Business Information ( Optician's parent ) once you know. I think he sold recruitment advertising on Computer Weekly or something equally riveting.
Of course that was back in the 1980s when he wouldn't have benefited from decent cycling eyewear or Transitions Gold lenses. Perhaps one of the reasons Tour de France was released by Kraftwerk?
After taking delivery of my nannini Swing Modual 4 frames with Transitions Gold lenses ( see previous post) I finally got to try them out today.
Although this isn't the most flattering photo I have ever taken of myself I thought I would share it with you to show off the lens in the field.
The frame lens combo actually works very well. The frame has a close wrap, ideal for my petite head, and the lens, admitted thick at the edge, was excellent for a murky day in January. No light spilled over the top and the frame feels balanced.
The light enhancement works well and once the sun starts to shine the lens does take on a deeper colour and keep the glare down. I was most impressed by the anti-mist quality of the lens. This may be because it's new. Experience shows that once you have cleaned a lens it is never quite as mist-free as a lab cleaned lens.
This could have been down to the airgap that is built into the design or the coating.

This ventillation is something other makers ( see Evil Eye post) spend a lot of time on so the nannini approach by contarst is quite neat. Either way it worked.

No comments: