Tuesday 12 May 2009

Life gets in the way of training


So many things have been going wrong in the Optician Editor's houshold its difficult to know where to start.
Suffice it to say the boiler is fixed, the terrace is done, the floor's not wet, the shed has been replaced, the brambles have been cut the allotment weeded and strimmed, the leaf store moved, the broadband re-LANed but sadly the pond is empty, as will be my bank balance when all of the above are paid for.

So before impecunity sets in I have splashed out on some tribars. Not the best picture of them ( the left hand is just about to grab the brake) but my middle son was in charge of the photography and my blackberry had been in my back pocket for an hour or so before being brought out into the chilly Box Hill air.
I'm looking forward to the King of the North Downs Sportive this weekend and by the look of the profile I don't think I'll be spending much time in the aero position anyway.
At least I can cycle the 112 miles and ten hills safe in the knowledge that all of those little jobs have been done....or have they.

No comments: