Thursday 7 May 2009

In the Swim with Eagle eyes


It's difficult blogging about the swim element of the Ironman. For one I can't stand indoor 25m pool swimming and secondly you can't take photos to illustrate your posts.

Sadly I will have to use this one from Monaco. Now that was a pool, 50m, salt water outdoor and on the med, fantastic.

You can't quite see the goggles here but they are Aqua Sphere Eagles. As with all goggles after a couple of years of heavy use the lenses get a little tired. As I recently stopped using orthok and now find it quite nice to have prescription goggles so I popped in some Eagle prescription replacement lenses.
The first thing that struck me was how easy it was to change the lenses. So easy in fact that I thought I must have done something wrong, but no, they were water tight and in place. And what a difference, crisp, clear and corrected.
Having missed the lido ( see previous post) Iwant off to the local pool to do a 140 length session, 3.5km of 25m lengths. Not a lot to look at ( and some things I'd rather not see) but it was all in focus and crystal clear.
I also have the new Aqua Sphere Kayenne goggles to try out which I will take to the lido when I eventually get there.

No comments: