Monday 28 January 2008

The sun sets on another busy weekend of effort

Going Long is the title of a book my kids bought me for Christmas. It's a kind of Ironman training come psychology tome designed to get the boday and mind in synch. Now I'm not normally too well disposed to matter of the mind, I'm more a ' get on with' sort of person, I've even got a degree in engineering to prove it.


Over the weekend I had a long run as my sone cycled and Henry (the dog) ran alongside, then a swim with the boys and finally a rapidish 9km run on sunday just as the sky was turning pink ( I have a picture).
It then occured to me that I was determining my own pace. No aches or pains, blisters or breathing limitations. Quite empowering but also a bit scary. I must read that chapter on Shamanism
(Sorry about the picture it's still on the memory card of my camera but I'll post it soon.)


1 comment:

Chris Bennett said...

Come on Chris!!! I encourage you and if I can together with your team to this new challenge in UK. This year I will be dad in May, a new very important challenge and like you will know but exhausting that the Ironman. But I don't lose the rhythm of training, mainly if finally you get funds for so important patronage.
I am happy a lot you continue lively to continue writing and I wait some day it is possible to become to see, if it is in a better Ironman.

Greetings,
Pablo - Spain