Thursday 24 January 2008

He's got the kit but is he fit?

One of the luxuries I enjoy is the best eyewear available.
I have always been poud of my Merino wool retro jersey and recently this was joined by a pair of Rudy Project Rydon's glazed with Drivewear by Shamir Optical in Cambridge. Very nice it is too.
On the ride into work this morning ( sunny to start with) I was collared by a fellow cyclist at a set of traffic lights. As he squinted into the sun he admired my specs and asked all the usual questions ( "I didn't know you could get your prescription glazed like that! They go dark in the sun as well." -- Doh).
He was suitably impressed until his eyes fell onto my bike.
Needless to say when the light changed he sped off at speed just in case I was in any doubt who had the cycling legs.

No comments: