Monday 21 January 2008

Happy swimmer

The start to the 2008 season was looking pretty grim.
First off I failed to recruit any optical folk to join me in the Optician Ironman team to take part in the UK Ironman 70.3. I then descovered that I had developed a reaction to the chemicals in the local pool. For two days after every session I have been all bunged-up and sneezing. A quick look at some triathlon forums revealed that this is quite comment. Simple solution, wear a nose clip.

I took my boys swimming on Sunday, bought a nose clip and hey presto -- it works.

I also had a breakthrough with the running at the weekend. They call me Mr blister in these parts. I only have to put on my trainers to get one. On Saturday I managed 22kms of muddy, hilly, rocky slog in 2hours - no blisters, result.
You never know I might even get an optician or optical bod to join my team! Applications on a postcard please.

No comments: