Monday 12 February 2007

Why is slow so hard?

Had a good weekend of training. Running is always tricky for me in the week and what with last week's snow I ended up doing two runs at the weekend.
My weekly schedule asked for two runs in Zone 1. for me that means 106 - 116. I found keeping my heart rate down to this level really tough. I was hardy moving most of the time and didn't break much of a sweat.
I'm not sure if this is good or bad.
My youngest son came out with me for the first 3Km and he certainly thought it was great fun whipping his Dad's ass back home.
It also confused the hell out of Henry ( dog) who spent the whole of the run stopping and waiting for me.
Anyone else had the same problems?

1 comment:

ANDREA said...

Hi Chris,
I'm Andrea, and also for me there was a run session in zone 1;I had same problem, but remember what Peter said:"..if my heart rate is to high I walk until return in zone...",He said also that this is the secret,...."remain in zone"....
So I have made all to remain in zone,run very very slow.
It's a fatburning session.