Thursday 5 June 2008

Bang!

Not very exciting to look at I know but it didn't half make a noise when it went.
Since Fiona has dubded me the puncture king I have to come clean on this one.
I had a blowout this morning. A full force tyre sidewall cracker.
I blame it on the new track pump I bought on Monday. My Lidl £4.99 special gave up the ghost after Florida ( I must have used it at least 6 times) so I decided to buy a decent one.
Whacked the tyres upto 110psi this morning and off I set. About a mile down the road I noticed a bit of lumpiness in the ride, then, bang.
I had to call Mrs Optician Editor and plead for a rescue.
So this lunch time it was yet another trip to the bike shop. Treated myself to a new set of tyres, and, Fiona you'll be glad to hear this, some new tubes. I explained to the bloke in the bike shop that I still mend punctures and he couldn't believe it. In fact he thought at those pressures a patch may even cause a blowout.
So much for frugality.

No comments: