Wednesday 28 May 2008

WARNING; THIS POST IS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED!


This came up on mondaynight, think i've been a bit careless about drying my feet after showers+ various other risk factors; swimming in salford quays, training in shoes without socks, walking round the house and garden with no shoes on, etc etc. The nails are from a previous insult (see the Edale Skyline report), the second toenail fell off and the big toenail had to be trimmed back severely when it started separating from the nail bed, as stuff was getting stuck underneath.


i think it's just a fungal infection (athletes foot) so i'm treating it as that, also taking erythromycin until i can get to doctors tomorrow for him to have a look at it. My Dr is very familiar with my self inflicted injuries; he saw me after i got knocked off the bike last year!


I'm pretty sure that it'll be sorted by HIMUK. It's pretty itchy but the key problem is that the swollen toe doesn't fit in shoes very well, so running is difficult. I'm booked in for the first of a series of thursday evening aquathlons at salford tomorrow; i probably shouldn't go, but i'm tempted to do the swim and then see how the run goes.
Posted by; Andy Armstrong

1 comment:

Chris Bennett said...

Dear Andy,

Looks a bit nasty.I'm not sure if putting it in open water is a good idea.
Good luck with the doc.

Chris