Saturday 1 March 2008

Let's get serious

After my painful blister experiences I decided it was time to get serious about footwear.
As my trainers are a year or so old ( they look as good as new) I made the decision to get my gait analysed so sought out Up & Running in Camberley. I happened to be there last week.

It wasn't quite what I expected, it was a small shop with two very nice ladies. They also couldn't download my gait video, hence the link to someone else's.
After trying on about a dozen pairs the fit was finally decided and I left the shop with the trainers and a pair of high-tech socks.

I had less good news on the blister front. The only advice was surgical spirit ( something others have advised me against) to toughen up the skin.
It could be pronation, incorrect lacing or my style they told me.
The real rabbit-punch comment came after the plastic had been swiped: 'You could just have soft feet' the younger lady said and these shoes may make no difference.
So I'll be hitting the road this weekend to see how I get on.

No comments: