Wednesday 16 February 2011

Fixing the knee for good


As readers of this blog will know I am very attached to my fixed bike. I commute on it all year round but sadly it will be having a rest for a few weeks as I try and shake of a niggling problem with my left knee.

I saw the physio this morning and she gave me some more exercises to do, confirmed that my knee is 'OK' and that any doctor would simply say don't run. These things take time, she said, in a 'man up' kind of way.
I said I wanted to get well enough to run and she didn't laugh so I think I'm on the way. She was happy for me to keep cycling but to use some gears! Spoilsport.


Not all is lost as my old Pearson is still going strong and for a bike with gears it has a bit of character too. I've fixed the chain since this photo was taken.

No comments: