Wednesday 17 November 2010

Beware holes in the road


I've been enjoying the ride to and from work recently thanks to some road works. Just down the road from me some utility work has escalated to the point where the works have closed the road. Not much fun for car drivers but great for cyclists as it empties the route either side.
It's simple just slip inside the barrier and pick your way through.
This week I had an interesting schedule. Cycle to work, leave bike at work to visit optical client, Tuesday train up to London for the FMO, back to work end of day cycle home.
As the nights are dark it's not too easy to see what is going on so as I reached the roadworks I trained my super light ( Cateye Tripleshot) onto the road to see what was going on. I stopped double quick when a 6ft deep trench right across the road loomed into view. Luckily the metal plate meant to cover the hole hadn't been dislodged completely so I just needed to make a sharp turn.
I shall be even more wary of roadsigns in the future.
Be careful out there.

No comments: