Tuesday 14 September 2010

The weakest link


Readers of my last post will be aware of the Great Missenden ride I completed yesterday. I did this on my old bike. I'll spare you the detail but I have lent my best bike to my son for an up and coming event and so took on the one he was using (my old bike). Now, I love this yellow bad boy and as it was all set up and ready from the Sunday I decided to ride it to work on the Monday.
Apart from unscheduled rain all went well until the ride home.
The first point of worry was a funny cluncking from the drive train which I resolved to take a look at 'sometime'. Just as I was leaving Epsom at a set of light I went to pull away and, snap. A broken chain, one of the few things cyclists, without a chaintool, can do anything about.
Looking on the bright side if it had happened the day before 30 miles out from the start. Now that would have been a problem.

No comments: