Tuesday 20 July 2010

Limping to the start line

We all recieved the shock news this week that Fiona has torn her achilles and will not make the start line for the Alpe d'Huez triathlon. This is a bitter blow for Fiona who was instrumental in getting the Optician team into the race and someone who has put in months and months of training to be on prime form for the event.

She is still deciding whether to come to France to cheer the team on or to rest up. I am sure you will all join me in wishing Fiona a speedy recovery........
Meanwhile Chris (me) has also been in the wars courtesy of his old nemesis, insects.




This is the current state of my ankle meaning my taper down to the event has been turned into a complete halt to any exercise at all. This comes on top of the dodgy knee I have developed after buying some new trainers a fortnight ago. Hopefully a week's rest will see off the reaction to the insect bite and give the knee chance to calm down. I will break out my old trainers for the event.


Needless to say I will be on that startline. I am already looking forward to the post-race rest and the rest of the triathlon-free summer. In the meantime I am still relishing the prospect of the ADH climb everytime I watch the Tour de France on the TV. I am sure the reality will cure my dreams of cycling's glamour.

No comments: