Tuesday 13 July 2010

A different kind of puncture

I'm used to getting punctures on the bike but I had a different experience this weekend.

A couple weeks ago I bought myself a shiny new pair of trainers. I've had a bit of a mixed start with these bad boys as they seem to make my left knee hurt. But being a fearless and foolish fellow I decided to go for a 12 mile hilly off road run at the weekend. It was about 31 degrees, sunny and humid. A real kill or cure special.
I noticed straight away that the knee was a bit uncomfy but pressed on regardless but when I hit a patch of rough groumnd a had a painful, sharp shooting pain in my toe. And I mean painful. As I went on this occured more and more over rough ground. I came to the conclusion that the trainers were faulty and had a dodgy sole and that's why I could feel sharp stones and why they made my knee hurt. When I finally got back home ( blisterless --hooray) but with a bleeding toe where the sharp pain had been I had a look at the sole and noticed something stuck in the tread. Once I had pulled it our with a pair of pliers the mystery was solved.




Still had a sore knee on Monday though so it looks like I will be back in the old trainers for the race.

No comments: