Wednesday 23 June 2010

Crash, bang wallop what a puncture

The official Optician Triathlon team eye wear arrived yesterday. Some glazed Adavista


And some plano running shields

I wore the Adavista yesterday for a run at lunchtime and in the evening I was helping my son change the back tyre on his BMX bike. Like a good dad I made sure he was involved and asked him to put the tyre on before I pumped it up using my track pump. Now he might have checked it properly or the tyre may have been a bit bent from being folded in the post ( bought over the internet) but it exploded in my face.

Luckily I was still wearing the Adadvistas which took the blast away from my eyes. My ears are still ringing though.
A few lessons learned Check the tube is under the tyre and don't by stuff off the internet if it can be damaged in transit also, err... don't trust your kids to do a thorough job!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That can be scary!

Desiree said...

Hey guys, what an amazing thing you're doing, and it really resonates with me because I'm a triathlete as well, or as I like to say, a tryathlete. I am not an eye care practitioner, but my family has been in the eye care business for the last 40 years and my brother is a third generation optometrist. That being said, I race at least one Olympic distance a year and several sprints - never done an Ironman before, though. Any way we can start a Singapore chapter, where I live? :)