Monday 14 April 2008

A full weekend of training

Who says men can't multi-task. Saturday morning started with a spot of digging and planting on the allotment while walking Henry and learning my Optician Awards night speech. After the chores I took out the Garmin for its maiden run on Saturady afternoon. Wow what an incredible gizmo. What will they think of next.

Sunday morning was stunningly beautiful. I was up and out on the road for some hills ( when I've figured out how, I will upload my route for you all. 40 miles, Box Hill leith Hill Whitedown, Ranmore plus a few in between.
On my aching legs from Saturday's digging it was a tough ride.
You can see from the picture I got all arty and emotional about the early morning sun. I was so glad I got up and out. It made me realise how tough the event is going to be.
The moment I made it back home the heavans opened and the rest of the day was a wash out.



What a difference a week makes. Seven days ago we were all sledging down Box Hill and yesterday it was blazing sunshine. I got a tourist to take a picture just to prove it. I'm not sure what. 'Make sure you get my Garmin in' is in Polish is but I didn't manage to get message across and he didn't get my Garmin in the picture. A fair swap.

No comments: