Wednesday 15 May 2013

Hail and hurty

With little prospect of the weather settling down and lots happening at work I am finding myself  bike commuting on days I might otherwise have decided against. This means I have also had to become resigned to the fact that I will be getting a soaking now and again. That's not really a problem as its good practice for a rainy race day. However....

This Monday tested me a little more than expected. I didn't mind getting wet but then the rain turned to hail, quite big hail. It was being lashed around by the wind and ( not wishing to sound like a whimp) it was beginning to hurt a bit. I was cycling into a headwind so I suppose that increased the impact speed a bit too. In the end I had to admit defeat and shelter under a tree while the worst of it passed through.

When it cleared there was a fantastic rainbow, which all goes to prove cycling is always worth it in the end.


No comments: