Friday 11 March 2011

First outing for the new kit this weekend

Despite the weather getting warmer I am rapidly coming around to the idea that the yellow gilet in the SBR kit is one of the best bit of cycling apparel I have ever used. It somehow manages to keep you warm while allowing total freedom of movement. It's also got lovely big pockets and it's a sensible colour for being seen.

For the frosty mornings earlier in the week it was great the crunch will be when the weather gets too warm to wear it any more.
Before that I have the chance to try it out in an event for the first time with the SBR jersey. This weekend I am joining Fiona for the Spring Onion, a hilly sportif that sets off from Leatherhead and winds 120km across the hills of Surrey.

Sadly I missed out on an entry so, being an honest chap, I will be loaded down with food for the day.

No comments: