Thursday 21 October 2010

Wow it's cold out there


Winter has arrived with a bang.
The first job of the week was hunting down a bale of straw after seeing the weather forecast and panicking. I hadn't given the weather much thought so ended up having to buy one from the local kid's farm.
The damage was £7 for a single bale, unbelieveable, but supply and demand and all that. I also didn't want to lose my banana trees and tree fern to a nasty frost which we duly had.....
which brings me on to the cycle into work for the last few days.
It's amazing how quickly you forget what feeling cold means. Monday was cold, Wednesday was freezing and Thursday aching fingers and toes time. It could be worse of course. Tuesday I had to go up to London on the train for a frame launch. The train was over half an hour late...I know which mode of transport I prefer.

1 comment:

Gift for All said...

Trains are always late lol! Keep up the good work and yes £7 for a bale of hay...shocking!