Friday 16 April 2010

Isn't she lovely








Having had a very light week of cycling, just two commutes, due to a strange leg I decided to jazz the fixed up a bit. I reckon to have covered at least 5,000 miles, maybe 7,000 on the fixed since I bought it ( for £200) 20 months ago with no replacements ( other than news forks right at the beginning FoC thanks to the bike shop) so I decided to treat it to a new set of tyres and to put the Brooks saddle on to see how it felt.

First impressions are the tyres ( Marathon Schwalbe for puncture performance) are heavy going but really grippy and soak up the lumps. The saddle is less of a hit as the seat clamp is very rudimentary and doesn't seem to allow any adjustment of the tilt.


Looks great though and I can nearly do a track stand!

No comments: